Sunday, February 10, 2013

Breeding Frustrations

I find it terribly amusing that just when I was getting excited over my lesser male locking up with my normal female and the pastel I have on breeder loan, he suddenly becomes disinterested! I've seen no locks recently.

Both females were off feed. One had palpable follicles, the other had none. One is showing obvious signs of building, the other is not.

Thursday, I just happened to get one of the girls (of course, the one who's got no follicles and showing no building behavior) to eat a small rat.

The male continues to eat and grow. He just seems to have stalled out. With this being my first season, I'm very eager to get babies from these two! Oh well. I guess this will teach me some much needed patience.

Wish me luck, my loyal readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment